Liquid Solar Blanket - Turbo Tropical
On contact with water the
Liquid Solar Turbo Fish solid state computer is energized and activates the pump
to immediately disperse a specific amount of the liquid into your pool. ( You
may hear the pump work) After that the pre-programmed computer will disperse the
required amount of liquid for your swimming pool every hour, 24/7. The liquid
floats to the surface of the pool forming a pool friendly invisible cover which
acts as an evaporation inhibitor.
Liquid Solar Turbo Fish Directions:
- Program your Liquid Solar Turbo Fish Tropical Fish for your size swimming pool:
- If your poolís surface area is
400 Square Feet or less ( 21' round or 14' x 28' rectangular pool )
you can move on to step 4. Liquid Solar Turbo Fish are default programmed for these size
pools. Your Liquid Solar Turbo Fish will last for approximately 60 days.
- If your poolís surface area is
over 400 Square Feet ( 24' round or 15' x 30' to a 20' x 40'
foot rectangular pool ) cut the thin black wire at the bottom front of your
Liquid Solar Turbo Fish. Ordinary scissors will do just fine. Your Liquid
Solar Turbo Fish will last for
approximately 30 days.
- Now just drop your Liquid Solar Turbo Fish fish into your pool. As the air escapes from the
lower pump area the fish should sit vertical in the water. You can hasten the
removal of excess air by gently shaking the fish in the water. ( Donít worry,
the Liquid Solar Turbo Fish fish wonít bite.) At first the Liquid Solar Turbo
Fish will float 3/4 submerged. As
it empties over time, it will slowly sink to the bottom of your pool.
Enjoy a long and comfortable swimming season!
You have fish questions? We have fish answers!
How long will the Turbo or the Classic fish float for?
- The Classic will slowly sink to the bottom of the pool.
- At first the Turbo will float 3/4
- As it empties over time, It will slowly sink to the bottom of the
Is it normal for the Pump on
my Turbo or Classic to stop working ?
- On contact with water the Tropical Fish's pump activates and disperses a
specific amount of liquid into your pool. (You may feel or hear the pump work.)
- After that the pump disperses the liquid once an hour, according to the
- The cycle for small pools is 4 seconds every hour and 8
seconds every hour for big pools.
Will I need to change the
batteries in the Pump ?
- No. The batteries that are used to operate the Pump never need to be changed.
- There is enough energy in the batteries to last the life of the Tropical
How can I stop the Turbo or Classic from floating into my skimmer?
- In most cases, this is not be a problem! If this should occur, on the top fin of
your Tropical Fish there is a punch out hole. Just tie a string to your fish and
fasten it to your stairs or anywhere else that keeps the fish out of your way.
Are the skimmer or filter
affected by the Turbo or Classic?
- No, they are not affected. The Tropical Fish creates a layer on the surface of
the water that gets pulled into the skimmer goes through the pump and filter and
returns to the pool.
- The molecules that form the Liquid Solar Blanket are so
small that they go through any filter including DE and cartridge filters.
I lose a lot of water due to
evaporation during hot summer months, will the Tropical Fish help prevent this?
- Yes, the Tropical Fish Liquid Solar Blanket reduces evaporation by forming a
pool friendly invisible cover, which acts as an evaporation inhibitor.
Does the product prevent the evaporation of chlorine as well?
- Yes, however so minutely that you will probably not notice.
My dog drinks water from the pool. Will my dog get sick?
- No. Once in the pool the isopropyl alcohol in the Tropical Fish is absorbed by
the water leaving only the active ingredient, which is environmentally safe
totally harmless and biodegradable. It is also tasteless and odorless, so your
pets wonít be attracted to it.
Will the Turbo or Classic work in pools that are not heated?
- Yes, the Tropical Fish acts like a conventional solar blanket but without the
hassle of pulling it on and off. It will reduce water evaporation by up to 50%
and evaporation accounts for 90% of heat loss from a pool. Without a heating
system for your pool, you can ill afford to lose any heat during cooler months.
The Turbo will help keep the heat in.
Do swimmers carry any residue out of the pool after swimming?
- The Tropical Fish creates a miniscule layer on the top of the water one molecule
thick. It is clear, odorless and inert. Almost none of it is carried out of the
pool on swimmers.
Will the Turbo or Classic work in different climatic conditions?
- The physics of the Tropical Fish apply everywhere. It forms a layer on the
surface of your pool water and prevents evaporation and heat loss. However the
Tropical Fish works best with temperatures above 70 degrees. F. If your pool is
below this, you might wait until warmer weather to use the your fish.
How long will it take for the Liquid Solar Blanket to form the layer at
the surface of the pool?
- The layer on the surface of the pool takes 1 to 2 days to form.
Can you physically tell that the product is being used in the pool?
- Not really. There is no coloration so you canít see the layer formed. The water
tension is slightly changed, so if you look closely you may be able to notice
this. The product is also odorless so you wonít smell anything. But it is there
Does the turbulence caused by my jets and/or fountain affect the
efficiency of the product?
- Yes, the product performance is reduced in the area where the water is
disturbed. You can reduce the turbulence by facing the pool jets towards the
bottom of the pool. Another example: a fountain, due to evaporation effect of
mist, cools a pool incredibly. If pool heat is a priority, the fountain running
time should be reduced.
A white residue formed on the surface of my pool. Did I do anything wrong?
- The main reason why this has happened is because the pool water was too cold.
The Tropical Fish works best with temperatures above 70 degrees F. The Turbo is
still doing itís job. The residue will go away in a couple of days without doing
any harm to your pool and filtering system.
I have an automatic vacuum for my pool. Should I take any special
- On the top fin of your Tropical Fish there is a punch out hole. Just tie a
string to your Tropical Fish and fasten it to your stairs or anywhere else that
keeps the fish out of the vacuumís way.