TEC Sterling FR II Infrared Natural Gas Grill Head
From searing steaks to smoking turkeys, this high-end grilling machine is the pinnacle of outdoor cooking
The grill market has evolved and changed dramatically in the intervening years. Today, there are dozens of companies manufacturing grills using the
technology Thermal Engineering Corporation (TEC) developed back in 1978. What hasn't changed is their
commitment to research and development, to improvement and innovation. They continue
to obsolete what they have previously invented with new and better technology. TEC's first customers are still cooking on their very first grills that we're manufactured almost
40 years ago. That's because they build grills to last a lifetime.
TEC'S infrared technology manufactures the only grill that cooks with 100% infrared energy. They've totally eliminated the hot air associated with grilling,
so food retains more of its own natural essence and comes off the grill with unparallel juiciness and a distinctive charbroiled flavor. You can
literally taste the difference. The radiant glass panels below the cooking grates are the secret to TEC's juicy charbroiled flavor. They block rising hot air from the
burners, so it never reaches the food to dry it out or ignite food drippings. So you'll rarely have a flare-up on a TEC grill.
Traditional Gas Grill - 0% Infrared & 100% Hot Air
- Traditional gas grills cook with 100% hot air, which robs food of its own natural juices
- Food begins to dry out and becomes tough, and even shrinks
- The convective burners in these grills cannot reach the searing temperatures of infrared grills
- They heat up and cook much slower, and also heat the grates unevenly, producing hot and cold spots
TEC's Old Infrared Technology - 35% Infrared & 65% Hot Air
- Infrared grills sold by other companies use TEC's old ceramic infrared burners that cook with 35% infrared energy and 65% hot air
- Hot air dries out food as it cooks, which causes it to become tough and shrink
- It also causes food drippings to ignite, creating flare-ups that char food
- These grills do not heat the cooking grates evenly
- They cannot turn down to the lower temperatures needed to cook delicate foods or to smoke or barbecue low and slow
TEC's New Infrared Technology - 100% Infrared Cooking
- TEC manufactures the only grill that cooks with 100% infrared energy
- They've totally eliminated the hot air associated with grilling, so food retains more of its own natural essence
- Food comes off the grill with unparallel juiciness and a distinctive charbroiled flavor
- You can literally taste the difference!
This high-end grilling machine features a hand-crafted, contoured, double-walled hood, fluid rotation handle, and ultra-quality control knobs. Our 14-gauge
stainless steel integrated countertops and deluxe island models are available for freestanding versions. You'll find that with its sleek and sophisticated design,
the Sterling G draws both you and your guests outside, the heart of your outdoor kitchen.
Quality Features Include:
- Two fuel-efficient stainless steel burners that reach higher temperatures while using less fuel than other grills
- 360 sq. inches of evenly heated grilling surface capable of
cooking 20 hamburgers in 8-10 minutes
- Warming rack provides an additional 117 sq. inches of area for light cooking, baking, or warming food
- Sleek lines and contoured, double-walled hood with fluid rotation handle
- Ultra-quality control knobs machined from solid aluminum
- Rapid preheat 0°-900° F in 10 minutes (on high) with hood closed
- Self-cleaning cooking surface protects burners and eliminates messy cleanup
- Flare-resistant design prevents charring of food
- Removable interior trim panels further simplify cleaning
- Cooking surface can also be used as a conventional stove which is more reliable than a side burner
- Electronic ignition
- 100% 304 stainless steel construction including cooking grates
- Handcrafted in America
It smokes. It sears. It barbecues low and slow. No hot air to
dry out food. Just moist, tender, juicy, charbroiled flavor. No flare-ups. No charring. No hot or cold spots. It heats up quickly and is easy to clean. From the
inventors of infrared grilling – we've raised the bar again in outdoor cooking with our new, patented, 100% infrared grilling system.
Moist & Juicy
The more hot air a grill uses to cook food, the drier
it will be, and traditional gas grills cook with 100% hot air. Even other infrared grills use about 65% hot air (and 35% infrared). But TEC's patented, 100% infrared
grilling system eliminates the hot air, so food retains up to 35% more of its own natural juices. The end result: tender, juicy food.
No Hot or Cold Spots
When you are cooking on a TEC Infrared Gas Grill, you
don't have to search for that sweet spot or worry about raw hamburgers or overcooked steak. We designed our stainless steel burners to distribute heat evenly across the
cooking grates. Every square inch of cooking surface is available for grilling, and temperatures at the grate can be controlled by the simple turn of a knob.
Laboratory tests show TEC's patented grilling system uses
up to 50% less fuel than other gas grills. We burn faster and cleaner. In fact, you'll get more than twice the grilling time on a standard LP gas cylinder. Made in America
and built using the finest grade of materials, including 304 stainless steel. TEC grills are built to last a lifetime.
History & Quality
TEC developed and introduced the world's first infrared gas
grill in 1980. More than 30 years later, TEC's first customers are still cooking on their very first grills because we build grills that are built to last a lifetime and support
every grill that we have ever made with replacement parts. TEC grills are handcrafted in America, using the finest materials available, including corrosive-resistant 304 stainless
steel. Virtually indestructible, the heavy-gauge construction contributes to our grills' longevity and minimal maintenance.
Everything in nature, including food, is surrounded by a moisture
boundary, a layer of air and water molecules. The hot air generated by other grills can't penetrate this boundary without disturbing it, so food is exposed to the drying
elements of hot air as it cooks. TEC grills cook with 100% infrared energy that doesn't disturb the moisture boundary, so food retains up to 35% more of its own natural juices and
remains tender and juicy.