The Filter That Delivers Crystal Clarity
Filtering with diatomaceous earth (D.E.) gives you water thatreally sparkles. That's because D.E. filters remove the tiniest of contaminants, particles as small as 5 microns (an average grain of sand is 1,000 microns).
Even though these particles can't be seen individually, collectively they greatly affect water clarity. Here's why D.E. filters work so well. Water passes through a series of D.E.-coated grids. Under a microscope, D.E. looks like a
collection of tiny sponges. And just like a sponge, water can pass through, but microscopic impurities like dirt, algae and some forms of bacteria can't.
The FNS Plus filters have been designed with curved grids to maximize filtration area. More filter area means better performance and longer periods between cleanings. Our internal design has been
refined to minimize flow restrictions and, therefore, requires minimal pumping power to achieve a needed flow rate. That means lower utility costs. In addition to providing the clearest water possible, FNS Plus filters
were also designed for easy maintenance and long-term reliability. So, you can count on them to keep your pool's water clean and crystal clear for years to come.
Pentair FNS Plus D.E. Filter Benefits:
- Curved vertical grids provide maximum filter surface area for greater dirt-trapping capacity and longer periods between cleanings
- Internal design ensures optimum filtration and backwashing efficiency
- Chemical-resistant, fiberglass-reinforced polypropylene tank for exceptional strength and longer life
- Easily removable filter grid pack to simplify maintenance and save you time
The Culmination of 40 Years of Pool Filter Experience
The time-tested design of the FNS Plus filter offers you maximum performance, convenience and reliability for year after year of sparkling-clear pool enjoyment. No wonder more than 2 million Pentair filters have been installed by pool professionals.
- Attractive, almond-colored tank blends into any backyard environment
- High Flow Manual Air Relief Valve and continuous internal air relief work together to maintain efficient filtration and will help prevent overpressurization
- Easily accessible 1 1/2" drain for efficient cleanout
Available Multi-Port Valves (sold separately):
Pentair FNS Plus D.E. Filter Specifications:
- 1 Year Limited Manufacturer's Warranty
- D.E. Required: 4.8 lbs. (stock up on D.E. with a 24 lb. Box of SPLASH D.E.
- Dimensions: 21 1/2" (W) x 49" (H) with (pressure gauge installed)
- Vertical Clearance Required to Remove Grids: 74" (H)
- Weight: 80 lbs.
Pentair FNS Plus D.E. Filter Performance Data:
- Effective Filtration Area: 48 Sq. Ft.
- Flow Rate: 96 GPM
- Turnover Capacity in 8 Hours: 46,080 GPH
- Turnover Capacity in 10 Hours: 57,600 GPH
- Turnover Capacity in 12 Hours: 69,120 GPH