Hayward Perflex D.E. Swimming Pool Filter - 20 Sq. Ft.
Diatomaceous Earth (D.E.) is mined and is the fossilized exoskeletons of tiny diatoms. They are used to coat "grids" in the filter housing and act as tiny
sieves allowing for the removal of debris as small as 5 microns. Once the pressure rises, the filter is backwashed just like a sand filter and then
"recharged" with more D.E. powder. D.E. filters trap debris as small as 2-5 microns.
Hayward Perflex Extended-Cycle D.E. Filters provide crystal clear, sparkling water at an economical price. Proven over many years, Perflex has set the
standard in swimming pool filtration by incorporating the patented Flex-Tube design in combination with D.E. filter powder, the most efficient dirt remover
known for pool filtration. The result is superior water clarity, extended filter cleaning cycles, and no backwashing required.
Hayward Perflex D.E. Filter Benefits:
- Easy access clamp assembly
- Cleans pools fast; removes even the smallest particles the first time through
- Uses D.E. (diatomaceous earth) filter powder, the most efficient dirt remover known for swimming pool filtration
- Patented Flex-Tube system efficiently reuses D.E. powder and dirt mixture to form fresh cleaning surfaces
- Exclusive bump handle activates the Flex-Tubes, causing them to instantly purge themselves of dirt and powder
- Uniquely designed to expel any air that may be present in the system through the filtered water returning to the pool
- Combination diffuser and lower mixing chamber specifically designed to produce a uniformed coating of D.E. on the Flex-Tubes
- Filter Valve is built-in to filter
The exclusive Perflex Extended-Cycle gives you long filter cycles between cleaning: up to eight weeks depending on pool size and use. Because the same
D.E. filter media is used over and over again, Perflex is a real work saver. And, it only takes minutes to extend the cycle. Perflex filters stretch your
dollars too! Since Perflex cleans without backwashing, you save hundreds of gallons of treated pool water. Plus, Perflex saves on electricity because its
efficient design offers less resistance to flow and produces more filtered water with less pump horsepower.
Hayward Perflex D.E. Filter Performance Data:
- Effective Filtration Area: 20 Sq. Ft.
- Flow Rate: 40 GPM
- Turnover Rate over 8 Hours: 19,200
- Turnover Rate over 10 Hours: 24,000
Hayward Perflex D.E. Filter Specifications:
- 1 Year Limited Manufacturer's Warranty
- Amount of D.E. required: 4 lbs (stock up on D.E. with a 24 lb. Box of SPLASH D.E.
- 1 1/2" Drain Valve
- 1 1/2" Pressure Gauge
- Check Valve included
- Dimensions: 16" (W) x 26 1/2" (H)
- Weight: 26 lbs.